- While the laptop is filtered off-campus, please remember that no filter can block 100% of questionable material. As a parent, you should still monitor your child’s use of the Internet while at home.
- Please don’t leave the devices unattended in public places, including locked cars.
- If something should happen to the laptop, please do not try and fix a software or hardware issue. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to report issues or problems, and we will contact you within an hour during the normal working school day.
- Do not install any software or applications on the laptop.
- To connect to your home’s WIFI, select the WIFI icon located in the top, right corner, by the date and time. Select your home’s WIFI and enter its password. (Instructions regarding connecting to the school’s filter are listed on the back.)
- You may add your home printer to the laptop. If you have trouble, please contact tech support.
- PDS has disinfected your son’s laptop. If you wish to clean it again, we ask that you use a sanitizing wipe, squeezing out all excess liquid prior to application. Turn off the machine before wiping it down.
PDS uses an off-campus filter called Captive Portal, which your son will have to sign into once every five days. This article describes the process of signing into Captive Portal.