Crusader Café is back for another year. Crusader Café is held during lunchtime and is a time where a boy can showcase his musical talents to his peers and others. Once again this year, we will be dining and entertaining everyone in the Fellowship Hall.
Dates for the Café
Thursday, October 31
Thursday, January 30
Thursday, April 30
There are 2 requirements your son must meet in order to play at Crusader Café.
- He must be taking lessons (If he is not taking lessons, he must audition for Mrs. Southerland)
- He must be practicing regularly “Practice isn’t the thing you do once you’re good. It’s the thing you do that makes you good.” -Malcolm Gladwell Outliers
Please use the linked documents below to view available time slots (each date can have 5 boys maximum signed up). The link at the bottom will take you to the form for your son's grade level. Please enter your child's name (last name, first and his homeroom) on the date you would like.
This year we want to give boys a chance to learn more about what it means to be a man while spending time with an adult that is teaching them about manhood. So, we are hosting a monthly breakfast focusing on the 7 Virtues of Manhood at school.
Our 7 Virtues of Manhood Breakfasts are for elementary grade boys (1-6) and their adult hosts.
The format will be as follows:
- Start at 7:00 in the fellowship hall and enjoy Chick-fil-A breakfast around the tables, while sitting with others from your son’s grade as much as possible.
- Hear what the virtue means from a 6th grade boy
- Learn the virtue in more detail through a 7 minute lesson from one of our leaders
- Spend the majority of the time working around the table with your boys with age appropriate questions and activities
- End by 7:55
The boys will be dismissed to chapel from the breakfast. Adult hosts are welcome to join us for chapel from 8:00-8:30 in the sanctuary or depart after breakfast.
Dates for the year:
- Sept 6 - True Friend
- Oct 18 - Humble Hero
818 - Servant Leader
- Jan 10 - Pacesetter
- February 7 - Bold Adventurer
- March 20 - Noble Knight
- April 3 - Faithful Follower
Because of the nature of this breakfast, each boy must have an adult host in order to attend. If one adult is going to be hosting multiple boys, please enter them as part of the group registration, even if that person has already registered with another boy. For families with special circumstances, please reach out to me and one of the school based mentors will host your son, or we can discuss another option.
We look forward to seeing you October 18.