- 1st–4th Grade: Assignments will be posted daily on Seesaw (1st–3rd) or through a shared Google doc (4th) by 8:30 am. Seesaw can be accessed on student devices, and it will be easiest for students to use their own devices to complete assignments. Assignments are due by 8:30 am the following day.
- 5th–6th Grade: Assignments will be posted for the week and shared through a Google document. The document will be updated for the week every Monday morning by 8:30am. Teachers will communicate all directions, expectations, and due dates.
- Special Area Teachers and World Language teachers will begin to post assignments next week.
- Daily attendance will be taken based on students’ completion of assignments or activity showing they are engaging in daily learning.
- Assignments will be assessed, and feedback will be given on performance. Students should engage in all learning with academic honesty.
- Teachers will be available through email during regular school hours and will address any questions students or parents may have. Many of our faculty will also be caregivers to children at home, so we ask for everyone’s flexibility during this time.
- For the first few days our distance learning will be asynchronous, which means your son will work at his own pace and schedule, giving everyone some time to adjust to this transition. As we move into next week, we look forward to connecting with some students online in video conferences. These conferences will be scheduled in advance, and more information will be sent prior to Monday morning. While we encourage our families to set a routine for the completion of academic work, we understand that learning from home creates unique challenges for many families and the same schedule may not work for all. If you would like some guidance on setting schedules at home, please reach out to PDS’ Director of Academic Support, Lindsey Robinson. Her email is email@example.com.
- If you have any technical difficulties, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Cindy Brock (901–842–4622) or Melissa Smith (901–842–4648).
If you or a family member is exposed to COVID–19 or experiences symptoms between now and our return to school, please let me know. We are so hopeful to return to school as soon as possible. Please feel free to reach out to me by phone or email at any time.
All the best,
Head of Elementary