As mentioned in Headmaster Hancock’s 5 Initiatives for the 2015–2016 School Year, our enrichment program will be greatly expanded this year.
A brochure with the complete offerings for the semester will be going home in the next few days, but there are several offerings that are beginning over the next week and we want to make sure you have ample time to sign-up for these.
Don't miss out on these AfterSchool Adventures beginning next week! Click on the course name below to access registration form or to find out more information.
*Little Dragons Taekwondo (JK) - Mondays from 2:20-2:50; This course, led by the good folks at Midtown Taekwondo, is specially designed for JK boys only!
*Taekwondo (SK-3rd) - Mondays from 3-3:45
*SK Chess - Mondays from 2:45-3:45. Come discover what many educators & parents already know: Chess trains the brain and the kids love it!
*"Operation" and Circuitry (4th-6th) - Join Mrs. Bullard in the Science Lab as you explore the basics of circuitry and create your very own, one – of – a – kind Operation gameboard.
*Theatre Workshop: Behind the Scenes (3rd-6th) - Ms. Lisa Ault and her partner in crime, Ms. Morgan Harriman are back for another semester of Theatre. This semester they will be exploring the world behind and in front of the curtain - the craft behind the art. Fun, creative times await all!
After-School Adventures offerings are now ready for registration. Use the search tool to search for classes that are available on specific days of the week on our After-School Adventures page.
You can find them on the website under the Programs menu item at the rop of any page.
PDS Fine Arts Conservatory
Private Lesson Guidelines
- Private music lessons are $25 per half-hour.
- Lessons will be billed 4x each school year (Oct, Dec, March, May).
- All lessons and communications are scheduled and exchanged directly with each specific instructor.
- In the event of illness, tardiness, or forgetfulness, you will still be charged for the lesson. There will be no make-up lessons.
- In the event the instructor must miss a lesson, there will be no charge to you, and you may opt for a make-up lesson.
- We ask that you please do not confer with your child’s instructor either before or after his lesson, as the instructor will normally have another lesson scheduled at that time.
- The best way to contact the instructor is via email. Contact information and instructor biographies are listed below.
PDS offers an after-school care program from your son’s class dismissal time until 6:00pm for grades YK–6, the day-to-day runnings of which are handled by a trained staff consisting mostly of young adults and college students, who answer to the Director of AfterCare.
The children will be given a snack and engage in various organized and free-play activities both indoors and outdoors.
Boys in the Elementary division will have a period of supervised study and homework help during their day if it is needed.
All sign-ups are done online.
Since class dismissal times are staggered, Early Childhood students (YK-SK) who have an older sibling at PDS will be able to enroll in the program and attend AfterCare until the older sibling is dismissed. The younger sibling will be picked up by an AfterCare assistant at his specific dismissal time and join aftercare until his older sibling dismissal time. The parent is required to walk inside the main entrance and sign the younger sibling out of Sibling Stay BEFORE picking up the older sibling in carpool. The younger sibling will enjoy time on the playground or being inside with toys and activities during his time in Sibling Stay.
The cost for Early Childhood Sibling Stay is $400 per semester.
NOTE: BOYS LEFT AT SCHOOL PAST THEIR DISMISSAL TIME (15 MINUTES FOR EARLY CHILDHOOD, 30 MINUTES FOR ELEMENTARY) WILL BE TAKEN TO AFTERCARE AND CHARGED THE DROP-IN FEE OF $25.
AfterCare logistical and financial policies:
- Hours of operation are from 2:00pm (1:30pm on Wednesdays) – 6:00pm. AfterCare main desk is open from 3:30–6:00pm.
- The AfterCare desk is located at the main school entrance (the Elementary entrance by the gym). Please sign out your child at that location. To reach our AfterCare receptionist, call 901-842-4600.
- AfterCare for JK–6th grade begins Wed, August 14. YK and PK AfterCare begins Monday, August 19. Last day of AfterCare is Wednesday, May 20.
- AfterCare will operate every day PDS is in session including most half days. Please note that there will be no AfterCare on Friday, December 20 (Christmas Break).
- AfterCare will not operate on inclement weather days or student holidays.
- All boys in AfterCare are held to the same standards of conduct they are held to during regular school hours.
- If you wish to register your son for AfterCare, please fill out our online registration form. Rates for the 2019–2020 school year are as follows:
- 5 days a week - Per Semester - $1,042.50
- 4 days a week - Per Semester - $962.50
- 3 days a week - Per Semester - $812.50
- 2 days a week - Per Semester - $620.00
- 1 day a week - Per Semester - $395.00
- Your son will be automatically enrolled and billed for the 2nd semester on January 1, 2020. Please let us know by December 1, 2019 if he will not be returning to aftercare for the 2nd semester.
- If you would like to use our drop-in service please register online. Drop-in rate is $25 per day for a regular school day and $50 for a half-day school dismissal if kept past 3:00pm.
- Boys (YK-SK) left at school 15 minutes past their dismissal time and boys (1st–6th) left at school 30 minutes past their dismissal time will be taken to AfterCare and charged the drop-in fee of $25.
- Drop-ins and late pickups will be billed monthly.
- Late pickup charges from AfterCare are as follows:
- 6:01pm - 6:05pm: $25 late fee
- 6:06pm - and later: $5 per minute