Dear PDS family,
I hope you are well and that your boys returned from winter break rested and recharged! If you are like me, you are likely reading this on your phone so I will hit the highlights of this search process update first and then will provide a more thorough update below.
- Earlier this month we officially “hit the market” to develop the candidate pool through proactive outreach and numerous, traditional site listings.
- We have posted our position profile on the Search Process page of the PDS website; a significant amount of work went into finalizing this with a big THANK YOU to the many parents, alumni, faculty and staff that provided feedback over the last few months.
- Our applicant deadline is March 31 and we will plan the next stages of the search process following this deadline.
- Thank your PDS teachers, staff and leadership team! These are the people responsible for providing an exceptional and stable experience for your boys during a time of transition.
- Please continue to pray for PDS and the search process!
WHERE WE ARE
I am excited to alert you that earlier this month the Search Committee and our partners at The Education Group officially completed and posted PDS’ position profile seeking the school’s next Headmaster. This document is available on the PDS website and serves as an introduction to the opportunity for potential applicants (it is not an exhaustive summary of the school).
While the position profile plays a key role during this stage of the search process, it is important to note the work that stands behind this document and the overarching purpose this work serves as we seek our next Headmaster. You as a community along with your faculty and staff and your Board of Trustees have invested countless hours in the form of market research, strategic discussion, open forum Q&A sessions, one-on-one conversations and e-mail correspondence. These investments have enabled us to respond to our need of securing the next Headmaster with a well-developed and clear framework for identifying the man that God has called and that we want to lead our school. I cannot thank you enough for your contributions to this process!
WHAT IS NEXT
Our applicant deadline is March 31, which provides ample time to build our applicant pool through proactive outreach, marketing and multiple hiring conferences. Once the application window closes, the Search Committee will be evaluating candidates for participation in the next step of the process, Semi-Finalist interviews.
I would like to specifically call out and brag on the PDS team. It is a true blessing to have such an amazing leadership team, faculty and staff at PDS. In a time of leadership transition, this team continues to provide our boys with an exceptional and stable learning environment. They have gone above-and-beyond in terms of the time and effort they have invested in this process both outside of the classroom and before/after school hours. Please join me in thanking this team as you see them!
Please continue to pray for PDS, the PDS team and the search process. We are eagerly anticipating the next stage of the process and will be providing further updates when appropriate. As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to the Search Committee with your thoughts and questions.
Search Committee Chairman