Dear 4th–6th Grade Parents,
As you know, Sunday, February 2nd is PDS Sunday. This is a special day in the life of PDS as we celebrate our long-standing relationship with Second Presbyterian Church, which founded PDS in 1949 and remains a close and significant friend to the school. PDS Sunday is an important way for our boys to connect with our school’s history through participation and leadership in this worship service.
The parents and families of all boys are invited. PDS Sunday is a fabulous opportunity for us to worship together as a PDS community. We believe that students, parents and teachers all singing and praising God together is beautiful way to celebrate what God is doing at PDS, throughout Memphis and the world. For more on how we are designed to worship see our this recent blog post Worship: An Invitation To The Joy You Were Made For.
Listed below you will find important information regarding PDS Sunday.
- Boys in 4th–6th grade should be dropped off in the gym between 10:15–10:30 that morning.
- PDS Sunday is a required school day for boys in 4th–6th grade.
- Dress for all boys is a navy blazer, white shirt, red tie, khaki pants, and dress shoes.
- All family members are invited to attend the service, which begins at 11:00am in the Sanctuary.
- Please have a predetermined pick-up location arranged with your son for after the service. The service ends at 12:15.
If for some reason, your son will not be in attendance, please let his homeroom teacher know in advance. Thank you for your continued cooperation and support.
Principal of the Elementary Division
If you have any awesome pictures from last fall's St. Louis trip that you wouldn't mind sharing for the annual (minus the Six Flags scavenger hunt), please pass along.
There has been a team name change that we wanted everyone to be aware of. The Spurs are now the Thunder. Otherwise, the schedule remains the same. Attached is the revised schedule with the correct teams. Sorry for any confusion.
Attached is the 6th Grade Intramural Basketball schedule. Looking forward to a great season!